Thursday, September 12, 2013

To my sweet, full of awesome, dragon slaying warrior of a daughter- I love you.

Abby- Mae and I.
For those of you not in the know, I am a mom. My daughter, Abby- Mae, is 18 months old. And I already know she will be dragon-slaying warrior when she grows up. My child, my glorious, shining little progeny, is freaking FANTASTIC. She sits and watches me play video games, and sometimes even helps (she waves bye bye to people on the screen, and button mashes for me).
On the days where I just want some cold pizza for breakfast with a glass of mountain dew, instead of going all Martha Stuart on her tiny butt and making a quiche, she's totally down with that- no judgements. She doesn't think it's weird that I google parenting advice sometimes. And have joined eightybajillion support boards for Army wives/ young mothers, and yet am disappointed there isn't one board out there SPECIFICALLY for mommy gamers. I feel that should definitely be a thing. And by the way.. she's incredibly sweet. And strong. And kind, and fun, and interesting, and curious. I literally adore that little girl. It's amazing to me that she came from my husband and I- shoot, I'm still stunned by how fantastic he is. I just love my family, is what I meant to say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment