Friday, August 30, 2013

Hiking the night away

My daughter, Abby, at Teddy's.
Today, my daughter and I went on an accidental hike. I got in the mood to go out to eat, so we stopped by our favorite burger joint, Teddy's Bigger Burgers, and then took off again in the opposite direction. We followed a long, windy, beautiful road for a while, and eventually I figured out where we were headed-I can't be the only person that drives like this, where I just sort of leave the house and see where the road takes me. We got to the end of the island at around the perfect time to see the sun hit the water as we ate our burgers out of the back of the truck, and then decided to take a little night hike down to Kaena Point. I loaded Abby into her Ergo-baby carrier, and headed off, Yoda flashlight in hand, for an adventure. We walked 
The drive down to Kaena Point.
about a half a mile before it got too dark to see our feet, then turned around.. On our way back, we met a very nice woman with her sweet little dog headed the same direction as we were, and had a little chat on the way back to our cars... It's funny how sometimes life can bring a couple of strangers together for a brief chat, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment