Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Timing is everything.

This past week, I've found out that timing really is everything... At least when it comes to sleep.

Anyone else remember high school years? Getting home from work after school, finishing off assigned work, then playing video games until 4 am, sleep two hours, walk back to school and restart. It really hasn't been so long, since then. Just a few years. Yet my body and sleep schedule have changed so much. 

At first, I just stayed up late. Like, really, truly late. I couldn't sleep until around 4 am, then I'd crash until 2 pm.. Not good. There's a small sleeping human in the other part of the house that tends to like regular days, with a functioning mother, so that got kicked to the curb pretty fast. I was then prescribed a sleep aid... which turned me into a Romero-esque zombie all day, complete with bloodshot eyes and ludicrous moaning. Again, kiboshed. So now, I take a newer, slightly less heavy medication at around 8 pm, which for all intents and purposes seems to be working.. except for the early wake ups. My eyes pop open at 3 am and nothing can put me back to sleep, leaving me brighter eyed and more bushy-tailed than I had originally hoped at this hour, but at least I got some sleep during the normal hours. For the moment, I live on caffeine, Prozac, and a few hours of sleep. Even if it sometimes leaves me feeling artificially wired, I'm ok with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment